Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Accidents & Injuries

Report Accidents and Injuries

Topic Date User
Almost buggered up pretty bad 14-Jan-2012 At 10:58:29 PM Olbert
The weirdest thing happened to me the other day on a route...also one of the most dangerous things that has happened to me in a long while.

I was leading up a route as per usual when I got through the crux, clipped the bolt above the crux and proceeded on. Nothing unusual there. I then performed a fairly long strenuous move on slopey holds to a set of positive crimps. I was then far enough above that bolt for my foot to be about the same level but still another metre or so below the next bolt. At this point I heard a 'snap'. Unusual, was my first thought.

I looked down. My shoelace had clipped itself to the draw. Now, I was wearing Miuras which have a little knot tied into the end of each shoelace - this makes them hard to yank undone.

"Oh f---!" was basically my mindset. I knew falling would be a huuuuuge 'no no', I knew the next bolt was well out of reach, I knew that yanking my shoe off the bolt might not work because of the dam knots of the shoelaces and I knew reversing what I had just done would be hard, if not impossible, in my current pumped and scared state.

So here I was, clipped into the draw via the loop in my shoelace. I gave it a kick and nothing happened. I was getting more pumped and was trying to think through my options. I gave it a harder kick and again, nothing. 'Right,' I thought to myself 'if you dont yank this off, you're f---ed.'

Third time I reeeeaaaally kicked. This time it came off.

Hooooolllllly shit was I relieved.

Has this happened to anyone before? What could I have done if the shoelace hadnt have yanked off?

There are 34 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints