Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
My World Cup/Arapiles dilemna 21-Jun-2010 At 9:18:21 AM cruze
>On 19/06/2010 cruze wrote:
>>Mate I am not sure whether you watched the game last night but Serbia
>outplayed
>>Germany big time. Podoloski had, what, 8 shots on goal for nothing.
>
>If Germany were outplayed "big time", how was it possible for one of their
>players to get 8 shots away? That's like saying the Swiss outplayed the
>Spanish - they didn't, but they did get the win.

Did you see the shots? Most were long range corkers and missing a penalty.

Serbia was excellent on the ball with tight control and won the majority of 50/50 challenges. Germany had a lot more poor first touches than I would have expected.

As for Ghana beating Germany, well it's possible but the Ghanan defence (albeit weakened by injury) wasn't holding Australia's weakened attack back so I am not expecting much against Germany even without Klose.

Personally, I thought that whilst Chipperfield made an immediate and lasting impact, Kennedy never really shone, even in cleaning up after Wiltshire's miss.

Also regarding Kewell, the ref interpreted it as deliberate contact with hand - red card, penalty. I don't know how a man defending a chest high shot from 5-10 m away with his eyes closed and moving towards the ball "deliberately" makes the ball contact his upper bicep. He naturally moved his shoulder and chest towards the ball as you would if you were trying to chest the ball.

Anyway not too bitter, going back to my original post, we should be proud that we are able to compete at all on this stage.

And our second XI seemed to do quite well against slovakia and italy so we are still in with a chance.

There are 39 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints