>
>Yes, dear alarmist. Nothing abnormal ... except for increasing demand
>on water because of increasing populations. Here's some data:
>http://www.warwickhughes.com/sydwater/cataract.gif
>http://www.warwickhughes.com/sydwater/nswrain04.gif
>
>It makes me wonder how alarmists manage to do any climbing with such high
>levels of irrational fear ?

Right. I know something about water and you've strayed into dangerously stupid territory here Tony. WTF does Cataract dam have to do with Victorian rainfall? Cataract is a piss weak little dam south of Sydney, that contributes less than 5% of Sydney's water. It is also not in Victoria. Neither is NSW in Victoria. And who is Warwick Hughes?

When I was at Sydney Water, the MD Kerry gave a presentation on how rainfall patterns (which is different from total state rainfall, which is what your graph showed) have changed since Warragamba had been built. Reduced rainfall over the catchment (the trend was to more coastal rain) was one of the main drivers for the Desal plant; they needed to disconnect from the rain cycle. I can't find the paper online though, which is a shame, cos it was interesting. The upshot though, was that it wasn't necessarily blamed on Climate Change, mostly deforestation to the west.

I do love Tony, the need you have to challenge every piece of information to disprove CC. "There's No drought in Victoria! That means CO2 isn't affecting the climate!".

There are 817 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints