Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
OT: Moorabal/Lal Lal wind farm 11-Jun-2009 At 8:52:44 AM evanbb
You guys carry on, but I'm pulling out, as of right now. I've had enough.

The madness of trying to decide if the climate is changing via debate on a climbing forum has finally got to me. I started out from the view that you guys have just missed something, some piece of science, or an understanding of the IPCC and made my best efforts to educate you so you don't feel disenfranchised as the rest of the world starts responding to this problem. Instead, we're bogged down in discussions about railway engineers, Maunder effects and other nonsense, when really the science has been proven, by scientists mind you, not climbers, years and years ago.

What we have proven, beyond any shadow of a doubt, and I include myself in this, is that humans have an awesome capacity to read what they want from something, and only listen to the views that support their own already held views. Buggered if I know what to do about this, but it makes democracy a problematic form of governance, in that to get what you want, you need to convince others that it is a good idea.

But the facts still stand; the important people of the world, the decision makers, financiers and a bunch of important scientists and scientific bodies think the climate is changing, humans are causing it and that we should do something about it, and a lot of them have already done something about it. Resisting this will probably only lead to a life of anger and sadness, as you watch the Governments of the world piss your money up the wall to try and stop fairies at the bottom of the garden. This is your choice, and I hope you have fun dealing with it.

I want to concentrate on how we deal with the problem, and if anyone wants to get involved in that debate, you know where to find me. In the mean time, I want to go climbing, and I will be this weekend if the weather holds.

There are 817 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints