Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Government Approved Destruction 13-Jan-2007 At 9:47:23 PM climberman
Yeah, cool. My line isn't steadfast, just a wavering point of view which alters regularly. Parks will have done an REF / some level of self assessment. It'd be very very naughty and prolly illegal not to. It's prolly been in the pipeline for three years, given how long this stuff takes and the level of staffing once you get over the sandstone divide. Or past Hurstville even. You could prolly contact Parks at Coona and they'd supply a copy. It is (should be) a public document.

RE: "The harder it is for people to access areas, the longer the walk in, the more effort needed, the fewer the visitors, the less the rubbish, etc. Guess it's all about balance. As I climber, I might object to such development. As an occasional tourist/visitor, I might really appreciate these walkways and handrails. "

Agreed - this is a very hard line to follow. The irony of being told that the public objects to seeing climbers on the Three Sisters, when the climbing public can see three hundred people on a BFO cantilevered ledge shunting out into the Jameson valley is not lost on me. Prollly not lost on too many of the folks from Parks either.

NM's note about the rubbish is the worst part of the thing for me. Having seen a few of the types of contracts that get written for people/companies doing these types of works, this would be well out of line for such a contract. I hope NM contacted Parks to let them know.

I admit to not having a complete answer.

This NPA Link and article discusses the project and is by the Manager of Parks, Coona. The article opens with the line "As another walking track upgrade nears completion in Warrumbungle National Park, the National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) in Coonabarabran is readying itself for the divergent opinions that will be expressed. MARK FOSDICK* reports...."

There are 55 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints