General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Touched by the Void 20-Nov-2006 At 1:52:53 PM bigmike
>On 20/11/2006 bigmike wrote:
>>an 18-month worldwide
>>search for size US15 crampon-compatible boots
>
>
>I have been doing a simular search, what was your result?

Ah, another person who sighs when people say "you must try on as many different pairs of boots as possible before buying, to make sure you get the right fit". No, I just guesstimate the size and order them over the internet, mate.

Very very long story short, Lowa is about the only company that make large sizes. They put in an order for me and then they didn't get made, presumably because they couldn't find a plastic tree big enough, it was all such a long and confusing process (also involving once again me just taking a guess as to size ... not an ideal result, but they can be made to work, I think) they actually gave me the boots FOR FREE in the end. Big props to them.

But the downside is, the local importing agent was so over the process in the end that he said something about "never doing this again", and who can blame him, a lot of effort for not a cent of revenue.

News flash however. There is a company in Alaska that ships worldwide and have a few pairs of Civetta GTX Extremes kicking around in the back of the shop. I can send you the email address if googling Lowa Civetta Alaska doesn't work.

Good luck. Email me if you want some more advice - and associated whinging about living in a world of midgets!

There are 21 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints