Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Garthy Miller 6-Jun-2005 At 10:34:35 AM Onsight
>What is it about Garth that you rate so highly?
In a word, movement.
Whilst like a lot of top climbers he has the ability to make the most ridiculously hard moves look easy, the thing I’ve really noticed about Garth is the way he moves. It’s kind of his style and smoothness but also speed and precision. It is so much more than just being strong — and it’s great to watch. The other thing about Garth is that he can climb like that not only on routes he has wired but often also onsight as well, and I think that is a really impressive ability. It would be easy to say it is all just natural talent, but I know that he has trained really hard at times, and also I’ve spoken with him about it and he obviously has a very deep understanding of technique and movement and the principles behind it all.

BTW, I don’t think Garth ever really got much recognition either in this country or internationally considering what he’s achieved: for example, he was the second person in the world to onsight a 32, and as it turned out he’s probably also the first person to have consolidated it with a second 32 onsight. The world’s best are only catching up or maybe surpassing that now (years later).

There are 12 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints