Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Havachatwithhexy... 11-Mar-2005 At 10:25:05 PM Onsight
>Onsight
>Your contention that significant ascents are often misreported.
>As a matter of interest, got any examples?
Eddy, I’d have thought there’s no need to say more. Or are you just after goss?

Can you please explain your point in posting my comments re the Tote? I assume there was one?

On 10/03/2005 Edward Frillypants wrote:
>> Like I’ve said, it the ascent is obviously a great achievement.
>Big of you to say so.
Um…Perhaps you missed my point? There’s a big difference between an actual achievement and the reporting of it, and I believe I’ve pointed out some quite significant ways this was actually “under” reported as well. Anyway, in addition to all that, I also wanted to make some broader points about journalism/the media/the internet. I find that all quite interesting but we never really got into that discussion (ie. if someone casually posts a ‘report’ of something then it gets – perhaps unwittingly – turned in a “news” item, which then might end up in print without any fact checking, then what are the implications of all that?). I was also trying to make a comment about climbing terminology because I’ve noticed several times now that when someone starts up a thread seeking clarification re the exact meaning of terminology they seem to get shouted down with “who cares” type comments. Perhaps it’s easy to be flippant about such things until you have to report stuff to the public? (I’m not saying you were flippant, it’s a comment in general).

Anyway, thanks, sincerely, for your report. On second thoughts, on balance, it was helpful, and I made a mistake lumping it in that that other report which had so clearly missed the important points whilst exaggerating others. So my apologies for any offence caused. Cheers bro.

----------------------------------------

....meanwhile at Rock HQ it’s… “Stop the press!!!”

There are 2946 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints