Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Copyright 17-Feb-2005 At 8:35:31 PM Onsight
>As a backyard enthusiast, I really enjoy seeing photographs of climbs/ers
>and even the low quality family-snap type stuff, if I know the people /
>places involved.
>If I ever wanted to get something published (assuming it makes the grade),
>it would mostly be for the buzz of actually achieving that end.
>I guess I'd share the payment (profit ? if any??) with the mates involved
>in the exercise; as after all they were deemed (roped)-partners in the
>experience. At the least it would contribute towards petrol costs of the
>next shared experience!
In that situation I’d say that’s a good idea and fair enough. Just in case you were wondering though, I’d say that if all you do is get a photo in Rock there certainly isn’t going to be any profit, so I kinda think that given the amount of time, effort, investment and resources, that often go into a decent shoot, it might be as much as anything an insult to just offer your mates a few bucks petrol money… which isn’t to say there aren’t some small things you can do to acknowledge their time efforts and contribution… and I believe I do. And I also believe that by running a sustainable business for 11 years I’ve being able to help out some individual climbers more than I could have otherwise.

There are 48 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints