Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Phi Phi Island tsunami relief fund 28-Jan-2005 At 12:17:35 AM Onsight
I find it strange that that post was seemingly about to pass by without comment. Is it just that everyone is too shocked? Maybe I should have posted it in the other Tsunami thread but thought this deserved attention on its own.

BTW, I agree entirely with the idea of visiting the Tonsai/Railay area as way of helping the local economies, etc, for those who are inclined and can do that. I also heard that there might be a fund set up for families of the local long-boat captains who were killed in the Tonsai/Aonang area. If that happens then details will most probably be posted on http://www.railay.com

Unfortunately I don’t think it is possible to visit Phi Phi Island (even if no longer under quarantine) and probably won't be possible for quite some time. So helping out this part of the Thai climbing community isn’t possible in that same way.

Here’s some more news from Phi Phi Island below. Some of you might have heard of Cathy Beloeil – a French-born woman who lived in the USA for some years and made quite name for herself as a top climbing photographer there. (Respect!). Well, in more recent years she has lived on Phi Phi Island where she’s run a climbing school (I met her there briefly a few years back). I came across this open email from her (on German web site of all places) and have pasted it below because I thought some of you might be interested… I don’t know how many days after the tsunami she wrote this.

There are 15 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints