Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Havachatwithhexy... 23-Sep-2004 At 6:40:43 PM Onsight
>Now, THIS is the pic I was originally referring to --- hope ya don't mind
>TOO much, Onsight...
Don't mind at all Hex. I’d have posted it for you but I've been overseas for the last few weeks. I'm happy for any of my photos to be used on this site (no copyright issues) provided they aren't doctored – and I reserve the right to require the photos deleted if I’m not happy with how they’ve been used. Incidentally, in future why don’t you just right-click on the pic, save to your hard-drive, and post to the forum from there? I don’t mind you doing that.

Now, as to these extraordinary alligations you’ve raised:
1) You’re a stirrer Hex – as we’ve come to expect - “and that’s why we luuuve you…”
2) It’s worse than you think Hex. When I look at that photo closely I can see Jane doesn't look very happy at all... and that's because a few moments before she'd been drenched by a massive wave. Here's what happened… Pic one shows Steve and Jane on the belay - Steve had just come down after dogging the crux. Pic two shows Steve just starting up again for the (luckily successful) red-point, and BAMO, Jane gets swamped - and I mean swamped - by the wave.

Things just got worse after that. So if Steve had dallied for a few moments longer then maybe the send wouldn’t have happened that day – or that trip. Jane is definitely the unsung hero here. You’re right Hex, it’s an outrage!!! But what happened afterwards on the half-way ledge just leaves me speechless… I mean, just look at her feet…

>HOWEVER---This has got to be one of THE greatest climbing-photos ever
>shot in Australia --- Well done Simey ! ---
Cheers Hex.
>Where was the other Simey ?
>: " Aw guys, I'll just take the boat around the corner a bit cos I want
>to play with my wedding, I MEAN !!!, fishing tackle --- hehe..."
Ah, well, yes, have to spill the beans on that one too I’m afraid. Simey was just around the corner – saving himself for his infamous send. He wasn’t fishing Hex…

Thought that photo might come in handy one day… ;-)

There are 2946 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints