Goto Chockstone Home

Tech Tips

Sponsored By

Black Diamond: "Neutrino" karabiner - 2016 model. (Gate opening 22mm) Gate opening = 22mm. - Assorted "Ano" colours... (Red shown) Email colour preference . (ALL colours except BLUE in stock!)  $9.00
25% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Find Climbers

Find Climbers In Your Area

Climbing over the Christmas break
12:21:20 PM
Hey guys,

My girlfriend is leaving me over the Christmas break and I'm trying to figure out what to do. I have been climbing off an on for the last few years, I've got a decent amount of gear including a (semi) full trad rack, rope, quickdraws etc. Honestly I'm not a very good climber.. can probably sport climb a 20 if I've got enough encouragement but my trad skills are lacking and that's why I'm here. I understand the theory of correct cam and nut placement but would love to have someone confirm (or correct) my placements.

So if you're a relatively experienced climber that is free just after Christmas and want to go for a climbing trip almost anywhere in Victoria.. I'm talking Arapiles, Mt Buffalo, Grampians etc with someone who has a car, tent and most of the gear required I'd be absolutely stoked.

I should probably tell you a bit about myself.. I'm a 22 year old Male originally from New Zealand. I have lived in Canada for a ski season, enjoy climbing, hiking and camping and am also a bit of a nerd.. play a few video games here and there. I don't mind the occasional beer and would probably bring a slab with us camping if that's also what you're into.

Hope this kind of post is alright, really just looking for something to do over the break.

1:28:48 PM

(sorry, but had to be done - good luck finding a partner!)
2:41:48 PM
Haha I haven't seen that for ages, love it!
9:12:40 AM
Hey Stephan
I've just arrived in Grampians today.
If you made it out this way and need a climbing buddy, let me know as I'll be staying a few days and I've brought all my gear (although my regular climbing partner couldn't Mahe it).
- Phil
12:40:51 PM
Have you found a partner already? I am stuck in Melbourne with only my harness and shoes and wondering why I have been in the city so long. I'm looking to get out climbing before I start back up for work on the 6th of January. I have no experience with Trad, but I have been climbing for 3 years and really just want to get outside and back with the climbing community.

Jenny 04 7575 4950

There are 5 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints