Goto Chockstone Home

  Guide
  Gallery
  Tech Tips
  Articles
  Reviews
  Dictionary
  Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

      Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

  Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints





Chockstone Forum - Find Climbers

Find Climbers In Your Area

 Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 23
Author
Mt Buffalo Aidfest discussion thread...

IdratherbeclimbingM9
19-Oct-2016
12:16:40 PM
Anyone interested?

Similar to previous events it'll be a pretty informal gathering of like minded individuals to share knowledge about aid climbing, maybe just start into it (or observe it?), and/or simply find partners and get up some coveted aid objectives at one of Australia's premier aid climbing destinations.






Post edit 31/10/16:
A second thread (in a new format), for this topic, has been started in the Find climbers section of Chockstone.
In the new thread the Aidfest is a Public Trip and anyone can add their name as an attendee, and modify their attendance status thereafter if their circumstances change.

I don't know how successful the (new) Chockstone trip planning format is / will be, but we will never know if we don't give it a go...

simey
19-Oct-2016
12:55:36 PM
Nothing pumps my 'nads more than the aid fest.

Stugang will be getting excited too, getting tied up in all that rope and equipment.
sturge
19-Oct-2016
1:11:43 PM
I'm definitely interested.
This year it actually looks like I'll be in the state and not working.

I don't have any aid experience, but I'm keen to give it a crack.
I'd be driving up from Melbourne (Brunswick) if that helps anyone.
TimP
19-Oct-2016
1:48:28 PM
Yep I'll be there.
gfdonc
19-Oct-2016
2:26:41 PM
On 19/10/2016 sturge wrote:
>I don't have any aid experience, but I'm keen to give it a crack.

Boom boom.
sturge
19-Oct-2016
2:35:48 PM
On 19/10/2016 gfdonc wrote:
>On 19/10/2016 sturge wrote:
>>I don't have any aid experience, but I'm keen to give it a crack.
>
>Boom boom.
>

(Pun entirely intended)

Macciza
19-Oct-2016
6:45:52 PM
Yeah, might be able to get down
Dave_S
19-Oct-2016
7:56:54 PM
On 19/10/2016 sturge wrote:
>
>I don't have any aid experience, but I'm keen to give it a crack.

A desperate, incipient crack, even?

I'm also keen. Have been talking with Tim and Owen about doing Ozy, so if we all end up going, then the AidFest would presumably be the weekend for it.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
19-Oct-2016
8:40:36 PM
On 19/10/2016 simey wrote:
>Nothing pumps my 'nads more than the aid fest.
>
>Stugang will be getting excited too, getting tied up in all that rope
>and equipment.
>
Great to hear simey!
Thanks for the ringing endorsement for the event like that, especially from such a well known and colourful Chockstone climbing identity such as yourself.
With that plug we are off to a great start indeed, and look forward to Stuey and yourself roping up with us!
Will Ed and gnag be coming too?
;-)

Miguel75
19-Oct-2016
11:42:42 PM
I'll not be available to attend though have some gear I'd happily loan to intrepid adventurers;)
TimP
20-Oct-2016
9:28:45 AM
On 19/10/2016 Dave_S wrote:
>I'm also keen. Have been talking with Tim and Owen about doing Ozy, so
>if we all end up going, then the AidFest would presumably be the weekend
>for it.
I'd be keen Dave, going to make version 2 of my single portaledge as V1, though working, has been superseded (in my head) plus is about 1kg over target weight (BD single). Could get it done by thenů along with some fitness!

Ben_E
20-Oct-2016
4:09:42 PM
Great to see these still going - previous years have been a lot of fun.

I won't be making it due to a slight geographical inconvenience, but kudos to M9 for keeping the aid flame burning.

MonkeyBoy
21-Oct-2016
12:52:35 PM
Hello ! I haven't posted on here in ages but the aidfest is always great so yeah I am in and will probably be hanging around with Dave and Tim on the north wall !
Jayford4321
26-Oct-2016
8:41:43 PM
On 19/10/2016 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:
>On 19/10/2016 simey wrote:
>>Nothing pumps my 'nads more than the aid fest.
>>
>>Stugang will be getting excited too, getting tied up in all that rope
>>and equipment.
>>
>Great to hear simey!
>Thanks for the ringing endorsement for the event like that, especially
>from such a well known and colourful Chockstone climbing identity as yourself.
>
>With that plug we are off to a great start indeed, and look forward to
>Stuey and yourself roping up with us!
>Will Ed and gnag be coming too?
>;-)

Ur kidding right?
Even if U supplied velcro gloves I wouldn't B interested, unless of course simes was gunna take his movie camera to produce a goatfest film about it to enter in the humor category sexshun next Nati event.
Can't speak for ed tho.
I gess if Ur offerin plastic love life options heel prolly turn up.
lightfoot
26-Oct-2016
9:20:48 PM
I'll be there with a partner. Keen to do something on the nth wall. Ozy direct would be ideal.
Jayford4321
27-Oct-2016
4:17:20 PM
On 26/10/2016 lightfoot wrote:
>Ozy Direct would be ideal

U'l prolly find the earlier aid turkeys referin2 Ozy means tha Direct vsn...
Disappointment ahead?

Whrs tha pieman wen needed? ... Cos way2go is 1 day ascent if U can hack it.

phillipivan
27-Oct-2016
5:05:02 PM
Dunno why you'd do anything else. All those wombats I see folks carryin' n' haulin' look like a real chore. I'm too lazy for that shit.
lightfoot
27-Oct-2016
11:01:31 PM
Defender ot faith might be Ó better plan

IdratherbeclimbingM9
28-Oct-2016
2:21:22 PM
On 27/10/2016 lightfoot wrote:
>Defender ot faith might be Ó better plan
>
Hmm.
I just replied to several behind the scenes PMs; ... one of which indicated DotF as a solo objective..
In any event, I'm sure it'll be worked out amicably...

It'll be good to meet up with you (and your partner), & you are both now on the list of attendees that will be posted up closer to the date.
Re Catani camping; that's yet to be sorted.
I assume that you and your climbing partner won't require a campsite due to living locally?

IdratherbeclimbingM9
31-Oct-2016
8:56:22 PM
On 26/10/2016 gnaguts wrote:
>Ur kidding right?
>Even if U supplied velcro gloves I wouldn't B interested, unless of course
>simes was gunna take his movie camera to produce a goatfest film about
>it to enter in the humor category sexshun next Nati event.
>Can't speak for ed tho.
> I gess if Ur offerin plastic love life options heel prolly turn up.

No, wasn't kidding, but liked your pun...
You will have to ask simey to confirm his intentions...
Like 'U', I can't speak for Eduardo...
No, we are not offering "plastic love"...

 Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 23
There are 23 messages in this topic.

 

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.



Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints