While I don't know the Albury area at all from a climbing perspective, I did climb with my kids when they were little, and I'd really encourage trying to find cliffs with lots of holds, even if that means something a little steeper. I dragged my kids up some granite slabs when they were little, and every blank section (even on super low angled stuff) tended to generate a lot of whining and fear, which made it harder to get them back out again. I quickly worked out I needed to make these outings fun first, and "real climbing" second (or third, or fourth, or ...), since that's what made them more willing to climb again in the future.
My kids also had a lot of fun just swinging around on the rope, which is easier / safer on steeper terrain. Sometimes I rigged a top rope over an unclimbable roof, specifically to make this kind of thing better (even though it was useless from a "real climbing" perspective). |