|My motivation for getting this thread up is from a recent trip to Squamish in Canada. I stayed at the campground below the Chief. Another world class climbing venue like our Mt Arapiles. The Chief camping area has all types of campers, however there are plenty of climbers.
Things I liked:
* This place was not rundown. A similar standard to Mt Buffalo accept for no hot showers.
* Well organized an run.
* A simple honesty pay system that worked. $10 per person per night. No pre booking, first in best dressed.
* 2 centralized cooking eating areas which bring people together. "Nice!"
* Toilets cleaned daily, well maintained and with hand sanitizer.
* Locking food boxes as a disincentive for the bears. "I know, we don't have any F ing bears!!!"
* A centrally located notice board.
* And best of all, a dedicated, low teck slack line area next one of the eating areas. "So good."
My enthusiasm is not in competition with other stake holders, Friends of Arapiles (Lou) CliffCare (Tracey) who are doing great work, but to add my perspective, "yes my perspective," and bring in another element, "The Mt Arapiles Camp Ground Users Group." So there you have it, I have shown my hand, I am a one man (person) band! And can't even play a trumpet!!!
Just one more thing, I found The Chief camp area to be pretty much litter and rubbish free. I our case I find that the The Pines\Gums camp areas to be a shit hole with the amount of rubbish that is left around. I find this behavior disrespectful. LOL