Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Dogs in Blue Mountains National Parks. 16-Aug-2007 At 6:24:00 PM vwills
I wrote a witty and erudite response for the ACA only to realise I hadnt logged in, and my pearls disappeared into the ether! I'll try again here: but its no longer any of the above

In summary:
I sometimes have to mind my sisters dogs on weekends and I don't want it to interfere with climbing. But I would not consider taking them into a National Park or on private property eg Logan Brae because
a) its forbidden
b) getting caught could have repercussions for all climbers

But I have seen people with dogs at Bowens and it does make you think "if so and so is bringing their dog here, then why shouldn't I?" I end up going somewhere else (like Mt York- yuck), but I am sure the presence of dogs at Bowens etc influences some people to bring their own. Peer pressure is the answer and hopefully it will be resolved without rangers resorting to fines and access bans.

I'd also prefer not to have dogs running around at Shipley for safety reasons. But other crags I don't see a problem with obedient and controlled animals with owners who clean up their crap. A few people took the opportunity to have a general dog bashing session on the ACA site and made unsubstantiated claims that dogs are vandalising the Glen? Puhlease- can you tell in between the chalk, the human caused erosion and the toilet paper?

They said they didnt want to see dogs at crags. Frankly they can go home and curl up with their cats. I am subject to things I'd rather not see at the crag as well (lycra tights, hairy backs, top ropers and envirovandal children) but I tolerate them. 90% of climbers respond favourably to my mutts which are generally obedient, usually too buggered from the walk in to run amok, sit and look cute if they want food rather than steal it, get cleaned up after, keep others kids entertained for hours and don't mind a bit of rock climbing themselves.

There are 18 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints