Goto Chockstone Home

  Guide
  Gallery
  Tech Tips
  Articles
  Reviews
  Dictionary
  Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

      Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

  Shop

Petzl: D11 "Rappel Rack". For use with 1 or 2 ropes. Diameters from 9mm to 13mm. Two red fixed bars make for easy threading. SUPER Special!  $119.00
21% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints





Chockstone Forum - Trip Reports

Tells Us About Your Latest Trip!

Author
No more trip reports
technogeekery
19/03/2017
1:06:20 PM
I just cant do this any more. I love reading climbing content, so I try to contribute. But it gets harder and harder due to this antiquated f&^%ing forum software. Truncations, missing photos, clunky hosting, I can deal with all of that. But for the umpteenth time I just tried to post a TR I spent an hour writing, and I just get that stupid "suspicious / invalid input detected" error, and an invitation to re-write my post.

Sorry, too hard, too irritating.
One Day Hero
19/03/2017
8:42:17 PM
Don't let it bother you, Techno. Nobody paid much attention to your bumbly trip reports anyway.
simey
19/03/2017
10:44:55 PM
I enjoy bumbly trip reports. They are about the climbs I am more interested in doing and about the only ones I am capable of doing.
mikllaw
20/03/2017
7:11:11 AM
I like the trip reports, tho I avoided them initially thinking that TR meant top rope.

If ODH to posts one I'll do one for Macca where I do a ground up solo FA, then rap down bolting it
dalai
20/03/2017
9:03:02 AM
You retro'ed your FA? Macca will be fuming! ;-)
Pommy
20/03/2017
11:43:42 AM
Maybe take out the sex scenes?

shortman
20/03/2017
12:18:37 PM
On 19/03/2017 technogeekery wrote:
>I just cant do this any more. I love reading climbing content, so I try
>to contribute. But it gets harder and harder due to this antiquated f&^%ing
>forum software. Truncations, missing photos, clunky hosting, I can deal
>with all of that. But for the umpteenth time I just tried to post a TR
>I spent an hour writing, and I just get that stupid "suspicious / invalid
>input detected" error, and an invitation to re-write my post.
>
>Sorry, too hard, too irritating.

Best bet is to draft in word or something similar... and then cut it up into 300-400 word sections where identifying the 'suspicious bits' becomes more manageable...painfulish...but really only adds a few extra minutes and keeps the chockstone wheel turning..

ajfclark
20/03/2017
12:22:08 PM
Another option would be to post links to an external blog. That has the downside (or upside depending on your perspective) of fracturing the content though.
technogeekery
20/03/2017
1:19:44 PM
On 20/03/2017 shortman wrote:

>Best bet is to draft in word or something similar... and then cut it up
>into 300-400 word sections where identifying the 'suspicious bits' becomes
>more manageable...painfulish...but really only adds a few extra minutes
>and keeps the chockstone wheel turning..

I did, this is the only way I've been able to post them for the last year or so. But last night my (long) TR had loads of issues, which eventually seemed to be in the picture links from OneDrive. OneDrive generates links with long random text in them, and these seemed to be the issue. After stuffing around for 30 minutes, I just gave up, didn't seem worthwhile to post a picture-heavy TR without the pics.

Lingy
20/03/2017
3:45:38 PM
On 20/03/2017 technogeekery wrote:

>But last night my (long) TR had loads of issues, which eventually
>seemed to be in the picture links from OneDrive. OneDrive generates links
>with long random text in them, and these seemed to be the issue. After
>stuffing around for 30 minutes, I just gave up, didn't seem worthwhile
>to post a picture-heavy TR without the pics.

I find uploading pics to postimage.io and linking them to the TR works a treat.

ajfclark
20/03/2017
8:35:17 PM
I use http://goo.gl/ for problematic links. It produces short non-numeric links which seem to work.

phillipivan
20/03/2017
8:43:09 PM
On 20/03/2017 ajfclark wrote:
>I use http://goo.gl/ for problematic links. It produces short non-numeric
>links which seem to work.

How long do they last for?

ajfclark
20/03/2017
9:30:49 PM
Usually longer than the content I'm linking to. I've not found one that was expired actually.
One Day Hero
20/03/2017
11:18:40 PM
On 20/03/2017 mikllaw wrote:
>If ODH to posts one I'll do one for Macca where I do a ground up solo
>FA, then rap down bolting it

I actually don't mind the bumbly trip reports. It's just that Technogeek has blocked me and enjoys loudly proclaiming how much better his chocky experience is as a result. Thank you for replying to my cheap shot, Mikl and Simey. Hopefully Techoboy's curiosity will get the better of him.

It warms my heart, thinking of the neg-vibes filtering through his blockade :)

gnaguts
21/03/2017
9:15:55 AM
On 20/03/2017 One Day Hero wrote:
>On 20/03/2017 mikllaw wrote:
>>If ODH to posts one I'll do one for Macca where I do a ground up solo
>>FA, then rap down bolting it
>
>I actually don't mind the bumbly trip reports. It's just that Technogeek
>has blocked me and enjoys loudly proclaiming how much better his chocky
>experience is as a result. Thank you for replying to my cheap shot, Mikl
>and Simey. Hopefully Techoboy's curiosity will get the better of him.
>
>It warms my heart, thinking of the neg-vibes filtering through his blockade
>:)

He prolly C's ur posts if browzin ratha than logDin.

Doing tr's mustB a pain if even m9 dint do1 4 hiz last buff scare sesh gatharin.

There are 15 messages in this topic.

 

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.



Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints